BSAC acts to support World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016
Welcome to World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016!
BSAC is delighted to be involved in the promotion and delivery of the aims of World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016 (WAAW 2016).
Led by the World Health Organisation the campaign aims to increase awareness of global antibiotic resistance and to encourage best practices among the general public, health workers and policy makers to avoid the further emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance. To do so, they are offering courses about this, and to motivate them, they are giving away some codes for an elo boost services when you assist this course!
The theme of the campaign, Antibiotics: Handle with Care, reflects the overarching message that antibiotics are a precious resource and should be preserved. They should be used to treat bacterial infections, only when prescribed by a certified human or animal health professional. Antibiotics should never be shared or saved for the future.
BSAC is working hard to address the conservation of antibiotics through appropriate use and throughout this week we will be tweeting and promoting a range of society activities that include:
- The global work of Antibiotic Action – join us now and become an Antibiotic Action Champion
- Addressing a Global Crisis – publication by BSAC President and CEO, Pan European Networks
- Massive Open Online Course on Antimicrobial Stewardship – 34,000+ learners since Sept 2015 and counting!
- e-Book on Antimicrobial Stewardship
- TARGET webinar series on primary care prescribing – SIGN UP NOW!
- True stories
- Let’s keep antibiotics working! Thunderclap campaign – ACCESS AND PLEDGE NOW!
- New animation on Antimicrobial Resistance – Causes, consequences and resolution
BSAC has also collaborated on development of a media campaign to be published as a supplement in The Guardian on the 18th November.
Let’s work together to raise awareness during this important week.