Seeking nominations for President-elect and 3 Ordinary Members of BSAC Council
President-elect to serve March 2014 – March 2015 – nominations are being considered by BSAC Council
Ordinary members to serve March 2014 – March 2017
The British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy is seeking nominations for 3 Ordinary Members of Council to serve 20 March 2014 – March 2017.
Nominees must have been Members of the Society for two years. Self-nomination is permitted and encouraged. Such nominations will be considered and then formally proposed and seconded by Members of Council and/or eligible Members of the Society. Ordinary Members will serve a fixed 3-year term of office, and will not be eligible for re-election until a lapse of one year. Elected Members of Council serve as Trustees and Directors of BSAC.
Where more nominations are received than positions available elections will be conducted as follows:
• Ordinary Members of Council – elected by a postal ballot of Members. The election is administered by the Chief Executive Officer of BSAC via the Electoral Reform Ballot Services and is overseen by the General Secretary.
The names of successful candidates will be announced at the Annual General Meeting on 20 March 2014.
The Society encourages applications from across all areas of Membership, in particular:
• Trainees across all disciplines
• Individuals with expertise/interest in European affairs
• Scientists and laboratory staff
• Infection control specialists
• Nursing professionals
The job description and nomination form, can be found below. Please return your completed nomination form to Esme Carruthers at email@example.com by Friday 10 January 2014.