BSAC Standardized Susceptibility Testing – Residential Workshop 2015
University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
25 – 27 August 2015
The BSAC will be holding a three day practical workshop to complement its Standardized Susceptibility Testing Method. Based at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff, the course is aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the BSAC & EUCAST methodologies.
After this course you will:
• Have knowledge of both BSAC & EUCAST standardised disc testing methods
• Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
• Have an understanding of how to test difficult organisms
• Be able to solve susceptibility testing problems
• Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
• Be able to detect common antimicrobial resistance mechanisms
• Have an overview on new technology in microbiology
Every effort will be made to address the concerns of individual laboratories and ample time will be made for discussion.
The course is IBMS and CME CPD accredited.
The registration fee is £475.00 + VAT per delegate.
This fee includes two nights accommodation with breakfast, course lunches, welcome dinner on first evening, tuition fees, university laboratory fees and transfers from Cardiff city centre to the University Hospital of Wales campus at specified times as indicated on the course programme.
For information regarding the Standardized Susceptibility Testing Method please contact:-
Mandy Wootton, Lead Scientist, Specialist Antimicrobial Chemotherapy Unit, University Hospital of Wales
T: +44 (0)29 2074 6581