About the BSAC travel grants: BSAC awards a number of travel grants to enable individuals to attend the annual meetings of ECCMID and ASM Microbe to give either oral or poster presentations.
Eligibility: Travel grants are restricted to BSAC Members only but are open to all members on a worldwide basis.
Individuals must become BSAC members before the date of the conference. Anyone who submits an application for membership at the same time as applying for a travel grant should note that in the event of receiving a travel grant they must retain paid BSAC membership for at least two consecutive years.
Value and number of awards: ECCMID: Maximum of 3 awards each year to a maximum value of £1,000. ASM Microbe: Maximum of 2 awards each year to a maximum value of £1,500.
Terms and Conditions: The Terms and Conditions for all BSAC Grants and Scholarships are published on the BSAC website. The applicant and host institute is required to read the terms and conditions before completing any application form. Applicants are required to submit a signed copy of the BSAC Terms and Conditions form, submitting this with their application form.
Members who have received a travel grant in one year are not eligible to apply for another travel grant in the following year (i.e. if you received a travel grant in 2016, you will next be eligible to apply for another until 2018). Applications are considered by the BSAC Grants Secretary.
How to Apply for a Travel Grant: Applicants must complete the application form at the top of this page. The application form must not be altered in any way.
Applicants must submit information in the exact order* as follows:
- A completed application form
- A copy of the abstract submitted to the Scientific Committee for ECCMID or ASM Microbe
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the Scientific Committee for ECCMID or ASM Microbe
- A brief curriculum vitae (maximum x2 A4 sides, including any recent publications)
- Applicants must submit a signed copy of the BSAC Terms and Conditions form (before making an application, applicants are advised to read all Terms and Conditions and Standard Operating Procedures found at: BSAC T&Cs/SOPS)
- All documents must be submitted via the BSAC online submission system:
- The online submission system will produce a single pdf document of all information uploaded – applicants must check this pdf document to ensure all information is correct and in the order requested above
- *Applications not submitted with pages set out in the order requested above will be returned to the applicant for revision
- Applications submitted by email will not be accepted
ECCMID 2018 (21-24 April 2018. Madrid, Spain). Deadline for applications: 28 February 2018 at 23:59 GMT/UK time
ASM Microbe 2018 (7-11 June 2018. Atlanta, Georgia). Deadline for applications: to be announced
Payment / Claiming Funds: All original receipts should be submitted with a BSAC Expenses Claim Form (found at the top of this page). Expenses claim forms must be sent to: The Grants Secretary, The BSAC, 53 Regent Place, Birmingham, B1 3NJ, United Kingdom. Please obtain VAT receipts wherever possible.
Written Reports: Successful applicants are required to submit a written report post attendance at the conference, and using to The BSAC Report Form at the top of this page. The report must include: 1) brief details of your professional background, 2) details of sessions attended at the conference (including benefits derived & contributing to your role/career), and 3) a copy of the abstract presented at ECCMID/ASM Microbe. The Report Form should be submitted to BSAC Grants via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence: All correspondence, including submission of final reports, should be sent via email to: email@example.com