About the BSAC travel grants:
BSAC awards a number of travel grants to enable individuals to attend the annual meetings of ECCMID and ASM Microbe (formerly ICAAC), to give either oral or poster presentations.
Only BSAC Members are eligible to apply for a Travel Grant. These grants are open to all members on a worldwide basis.
Individuals must be elected as BSAC members before the date of the conference. Anyone who submits an application for a travel grant and an application for membership at the same time should note that in the event of receiving a travel grant they must retain paid BSAC membership for at least two consecutive years.
Members who have received a travel grant in one year are not eligible to apply for another travel grant in the following year (i.e. if you received a travel grant in 2015, you will next be eligible to apply for another until 2017).
Applications are considered by the BSAC Grants Secretary & Committee.
Value and number of awards:
ECCMID: Maximum of 3 awards each year to a maximum value of £1,000
ASM Microbe: Maximum of 2 awards each year to a maximum value of £1,500
How to Apply:
Applicants must complete the application form on this page. The application form must not be altered in any way.
Applicants must submit information in the precise order below*:
- A completed application form
- A copy of the abstract submitted to the Scientific Committee for ECCMID or ASM Microbe
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the Scientific Committee for ECCMID or ASM Microbe
- A brief curriculum vitae (maximum x2 A4 sides)
- Applicants must submit a signed copy of the BSAC Terms and Conditions form (before making an application applicants are advised to read all Terms and Conditions and Standard Operating Procedures found at: BSAC T&Cs/SOPS)
- All documents must be submitted via the BSAC online submission system:
- The BSAC Grants online submission system will produce a single pdf document of all information uploaded – applicants must check this pdf document to ensure all information is clear and in the order requested
- *Applications not submitted with pages set out in the order requested above will be returned to the applicant for revision
- Applications submitted by email will not be accepted
ECCMID 2018 (21-24 April 2018. Madrid, Spain). Deadline for applications: 28 February 2018 at 23:59 GMT/UK time
ASM Microbe 2018 : To be announced
BSAC does not currently offer co-funding of grants. When applying for any BSAC grant, all applicants must declare if they have sought, or if they intend to seek, any financial support outside of BSAC for the same grant. BSAC must be informed of any grants awarded outside of BSAC funding and the application withdrawn immediately.
Terms and Conditions:
The Terms and Conditions for all BSAC Grants and Scholarships are published on the BSAC website. The applicant and host institute is required to read the terms and conditions before completing any application form. Applicants are required to submit a signed copy of the BSAC Terms and Conditions form, submitting this with their application form.
How to Claim:
BSAC claim forms and all original receipts should be sent to The Grants Secretary at:
The British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, Griffin House, 53 Regent Place, Birmingham, B1 3NJ, United Kingdom. Please obtain VAT receipts wherever possible.
Sponsored applicants must submit a completed BSAC Report Form via email to: email@example.com. Please find the Report Form at the top of this page. The report must include: 1) brief details of your professional background, 2) details of sessions attended at the conference (including benefits derived & contributing to your role/career), and 3) a copy of the abstract presented at ECCMID/ASM Microbe.