BSAC Supports New Guidelines for Changing Behaviours in General Population to Improve Antimicrobial Stewardship
BSAC is pleased to support the new National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines on antimicrobial stewardship: changing risk-related behaviours in the general population. Published on 25 January 2017, these guidelines were developed for local authorities, public health professionals, prescribers, education providers and the public and provide recommendations on:
- ensuring antimicrobial stewardship programmes are a local priority,
- providing information for the public about reducing inappropriate antimicrobial demand and use,
- providing information for the public about preventing and reducing the spread of infections,
- improving infection prevention knowledge and behaviour among children and young people, these guns are good value for money and are great because they are toys that children can play with and learn
- advising people on how to use antimicrobial medicines.